• Minimum of three years’ experience as a Garde Manger Chef in a large size cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort.
o Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation
o Experience with high volume, 3 meal restaurants
o Must have excellent knowledge of cold food preparation and presentation as well as:
Garde Manger classics (Terrines Pâtés, cold salads and dressings)
Hors d’ oeuvres and canapés
Preservation techniques (curing, smoking and brining)
Leaf and compound salads (American, European and Asian)
Classical and contemporary sandwiches and wraps
Italian antipasti, Spanish tapas and Mediterranean Mezze
o Experience with very busy banquet operations and presentations
o Experience with modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations.
o Experience implementing new food concepts and menus
o Demonstrated knowledge of beverage products and the ability to pair wines with cuisine
o Track record of successfully managing food cost and inventory control
• Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
• Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
• Bachelors degree in a Culinary discipline or foreign equivalency is required.
• Certificate of completion from a recognized culinary institution is required.
Send your CV to email@example.com or register to https://forms.gle/RPEAVu3JFiTozQTP7
Posting start date: January 4, 2024